Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Day PADI Scuba Diving Course For Two for €79 at Galway Dive School (€200 Value)

Options
  • 09-08-2011 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.citydeal.ie/deals/west/galwaydive/636472

Saw this and was wondering if anyone would have any idea if it leads to a qualification?

I can't tell by looking at it so thought someone here might have an idea.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

The ad mentions "PADI scuba diver" and "PADI open water" (note the lack of capital letters), each of which is the name of a PADI course (when capitalised).
    However, the ad doesn't mention which (if either) of these qualifications you get.
    Neither of those would usually be doable in two days, and €100 per person
    (which is quoted as the 'usual' price) seems very cheap for either of those qualifications.
    I wonder if they might be offering a 'Discover Scuba Diving' experience (which does result in a certificate being presented, but isn't a qualification as such) with a second dive in the sea, the next day.

I see they also appear to be doing the dive using "oxygen tanks"...
    I hope it's very shallow!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Addition;

If you look at their own site, they don't appear to have any courses priced at 100 per person.

Makes me wonder!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Yeah I was comparing their website to the deal.

Meh... I will hold off for now I reckon. I have too much to do and can't justify getting in to diving at the moment.

Advertisement