Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left my kindle on the bus :(

Options
  • 09-08-2011 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭

Left my Kindle (3G) on BE this morning.

Raging with myself. Reported it missing a few hours later after I realised.

Hopefully it will be turned in but I don't think it will be.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I think there is a 3 day grace period where you might rollback any purchases, on the off chance it is returned - but as per Permabear's suggestion it might not be worth the risk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭Trampas

I did that shortly after I found out it was lost.

I say it is on the seat up against the window.

At least I will the driver and ask him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Huh! You poor thing I'd feel sick if I lost something like that :( Fingers crossed for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

Good luck. I hope you get it back. Let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Any news?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

That's horrible, I hope you manage to get it back. I'd be pretty annoyed if this happened to me (and is one of the reasons I didn't decide on getting an eReader).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Are you over the tom tom page on facebook? :eek:
    They left their kindle on the bus too :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

I feel the need to gloat here. I'm sorry for your loss OP, and that your entire book collection was lost in one fell swoop. Those of us antiquarians who still insist on the paper book may lose one book on public transport - but that is all! Our libraries will still sit patiently for us when we get home.

I don't mean to be a tit, but I think its one of the disadvantages of a kindle - theft or loss means the loss of your entire collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Denerick wrote: »
    I feel the need to gloat here. I'm sorry for your loss OP, and that your entire book collection was lost in one fell swoop. Those of us antiquarians who still insist on the paper book may lose one book on public transport - but that is all! Our libraries will still sit patiently for us when we get home.

I don't mean to be a tit, but I think its one of the disadvantages of a kindle - theft or loss means the loss of your entire collection.

Not at all. The OP could download all of the lost books via various torrent sites on the net. Bit of a pain but easily done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Denerick wrote: »

Fairly obnoxious post.
    Sadder even because all books are linked to the account, not the device, so if the op wants he can access them on any number of diffent machines.

Hope you get it back op

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

subway wrote: »
    Fairly obnoxious post.
    Sadder even because all books are linked to the account, not the device, so if the op wants he can access them on any number of diffent machines.

Hope you get it back op

I genuinely didn't mean it to be obnoxios, apologies if it was read that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

I lose things on buses more often than my house sets on fire or gets flooded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I move houses more often than I lose things on the bus so Kindle wins for me :)

OP - sorry to hear that you have lost yours :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Any luck with finding the kindle????

Advertisement