Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog stolen from open window

Options
  • 09-08-2011 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Just a heads up for the people of navan and surrounding areas.In the silver lawns area of navan yesterday(8-8-2011)a miniature yorkshire terrier was stolen.The dog was in the sitting room of the house and the window was slightly open.Someone walked into the garden and opened the window and took the dog.The car is described as a Renault (possibly megane)dark blue with tinted windows.A similar car was also seen acting suspicious in the kilmessan area aswell.The dog was taken at roughly 5pm yesterday and he is wearing a red collar and microchipped....There has been a rise in crimson navan and it's surrounds lately so let's all make sure our homes and belongings are safe and don't be afraid to report anything that may look out of place or suspicous...We can all play a part in making our community that bit safer:mad::mad:

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I know I shouldn't say it, but it's got to be done.....

How much was the doggy in the window.............:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

@Bloxham, No doubt at all??? :confused: did you see tinkers do it??

@OP hope ya find your dog, some here might recognise the description and report it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Just a heads up for the people of navan and surrounding areas.In the silver lawns area of navan yesterday(8-8-2011)a miniature yorkshire terrier was stolen.The dog was in the sitting room of the house and the window was slightly open.Someone walked into the garden and opened the window and took the dog.The car is described as a Renault (possibly megane)dark blue with tinted windows.A similar car was also seen acting suspicious in the kilmessan area aswell.The dog was taken at roughly 5pm yesterday and he is wearing a red collar and microchipped....There has been a rise in crimson navan and it's surrounds lately so let's all make sure our homes and belongings are safe and don't be afraid to report anything that may look out of place or suspicous...We can all play a part in making our community that bit safer:mad::mad:

Are you sure the dog just didnt get out itself? Did you see it taken, see it in the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Bloxham that sort of prejudice would get you banned in a lot of the other forums on boards, I don't want to backseat mod, just a heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Spuddeeez

I too don't agree with finger pointing like that even knowing the facts. I have to report that a large ceramic type flower pot was taken from my front door in the Johnstown Wood area last week..
    Who ever took it would have to be fairly strong to lift it. It had soil in with plants/flowers etc...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 carriegilbert

Fiscal hardship leads to several acts of desperation. And, albeit national crime has gone steadily down each year, one crime appears to be increasing -- dog theft. Some say the scary trend is the result of economic stagnation. Now, are dognappings yet another sign of uncertain financial times?". Dog owners have to contend with fears that their beloved pets would run off and get lost. Maybe, money and bad economy are factors however, others cite more mundane reasons and warn against jumping to conclusions. So, what will be the other motives? I am really hating this! I hope that your dog will be found the soonest. Keep us posted if there are new updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

He same was happening in Limerick last week it was a 98 lk avensis three dogs were stolen from a neighbour of mine . They told her they thought the tinkers were involved but had no proof.

Advertisement