Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange message on HTC Desire Screen when I turned it on

Options
  • 09-08-2011 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

I turned my HTC Desire phone on last night and the attached message came on screen.

I cant use any of the buttons on the phone to naviagate through the options that are appearing. The only thing I can do to get rid of this screen is to take the battery out. When I put the battery back in and turn on the phone the same screen appears.

Has anybody any ideas as to what could be wrong?

I was going to bring the phone down to the 3 shop today but as I live in Cavan I imagine that they will send it to one of the Fone Menders shops in Dublin to check. If I can sort it myself with help from you guys I will give it a shot.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭ongarite

Check the volume buttons on the side aren't jammed or stuck.
    The screen you see is the "fastboot/recovery" menu.

You access this menu by holding volume down and then pressing the power button.
    You navigate in this menu by pressing the power button.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

and you navigate with the volume down button, then power button to select

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Thanks for the replies but I have tried to use the volume buttons and then the power button to select but nothing is happening. The volume button doesnt seem to be stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

Holding the back button when turning on also makes it boot into recovery.

If nothing is happening when you press the volume button then they may be broke.

Advertisement