Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zune Marketplace in Ireland

Options
  • 09-08-2011 8:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

Has anyone gottten the zune marketplace to work on a windows phone in ireland, if so which phone?
    I already have a zune account with a subscription linked to it, used to have a player a few years ago thats bricked now but subscription still works.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Has anyone gottten the zune marketplace to work on a windows phone in ireland, if so which phone?
    I already have a zune account with a subscription linked to it, used to have a player a few years ago thats bricked now but subscription still works.

For music?

We can only get videos + podcasts + apps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

By subscription do you mean a Zune Pass subscription?

If you want to access all of WP7's features, you'll need an American Windows Live ID. I use one, and it gives me access to Zune Marketplace, as well as SmartDJ, Bing Audio, and more.
    For music?

What Ireland are you living in? I cant get the Podcast Marketplace with my Irish account :/

DjFlin wrote: »
    By subscription do you mean a Zune Pass subscription?

If you want to access all of WP7's features, you'll need an American Windows Live ID. I use one, and it gives me access to Zune Marketplace, as well as SmartDJ, Bing Audio, and more.
    For music?

What Ireland are you living in? I cant get the Podcast Marketplace with my Irish account :/

With Mango version of Zune I can access podcasts :)

With Mango version of Zune I can access podcasts :)

I'm running Mango too, but I cant browse the podcast marketplace. I can manually add Podcasts, but I cant browse for them.

I'm running Mango too, but I cant browse the podcast marketplace. I can manually add Podcasts, but I cant browse for them.

Did ya get an update for Zune PC Client?

It started working after i installed the updated version of Zune.

• Advertisement

Did ya get an update for Zune PC Client?

It started working after i installed the updated version of Zune.

I did :confused: Why world? Why are you doing this to me?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

I can browse and search too, are you sure you have installed the test Zune client. It will say Test on your taskbar if you are.

AntiVirus wrote: »
    I can browse and search too, are you sure you have installed the test Zune client. It will say Test on your taskbar if you are.

Yeah, I do.

I'm going to uninstall it and try it again.

Check to make sure you dont have the two of them. Somehow i ended up with having two separate Zune clients. One Consumer and on Beta Test and their completely independant. If it is the consumer one, when you connect the phone should say that you have a testing device and thats why it wont sync.

The TEST one works great though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

going back to my original question :p. whats phones are you using.
    and yes I have full Marketplace inc subscribtions

• Advertisement

LG Optimus 7

going back to my original question :p. whats phones are you using.
    and yes I have full Marketplace inc subscribtions
    Samsung Omnia 7

Yeah, I do.

I'm going to uninstall it and try it again.

Just realised whats happened, I installed Zune Social Tagger and to get that to work I had to create an American Zune account and this is why my podcasts worked in Zune. If I log into Zune using my Irish account I can't see the podcasts in the market place.

To get this to work is very simple. You don't need to change any settings on your phone. Just log out of Zune, then sign in but select create new account. Create an Amerircan account, you will also need to change your PC's location to the US. You can do that in the control panel under Regions and Languages. Thats it.

If you have a Zune subscription you will have to use the same account when setting up your WP7.

does it work on any of the new htcs?
    ta

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

Sorry for dragging up an old thread, but is anyone having difficulty accessing the apps section of marketplace on Zune? I can only get movies. Phone and zune software is up to date. Even tried a link from the web marketplace, zune states the item "isn't available in your region." All my region settings are set to Ireland.

Marketplace works fine from the handset though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Apps in Zune were disabled back at the end of April.

As for downloading them via the Web Marketplace, were you on the official website or an unofficial "list" website?

The official Marketplace website is at:
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-IE/marketplace

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

Thanks Odaise Gaelach, I missed that memo.

so just to clarify, my american zune account will work fine with a windows phone on an irish network, music subscription etc

Advertisement