Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy`

Options
  • 08-08-2011 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭

Anyone pick this up? Really interesting game for the PC, sort of a old school Deus Ex game that is rough around the edges but has a great feel to it.

Have been playing it cooperatively with a friend of mine and I just can't get enough of it! Just the damn game crashing between level loads is keeping me from playing more of it.

Anyone else playing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i just checked it on steam too. looks prety damn cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

i just checked it on steam too. looks prety damn cool!

It's very STALKER like in that while the production values may not be there it does show more charm and atmosphere then most AAA games around. Id be actually half tempted to say it's better then the new Deus Ex at the moment. The game itself has extremely satisfying gun mechanics and a really nice hacking system. Nothing better then trying to hack into a NPC and getting counter hacked and exploded!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i have to say this looks way more interesting then new Dues Ex...

did you actuolly got it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I played a few hours of this. It's pretty confusing and crashes all the time. I know it's an indie game but it should still work a bit better.

The respawning enemies are annoying too, especially when you're trying to hack and 5 guys you just killed reappear and start shooting you. You can turn that down though. Probably better in co-op since you have someone to watch your back.

Enemies can spot you from miles away too even if you're sneaking with a silenced sniper rifle so stealth is kind of impossible.

All in all it's a bit of a mess. The setting is pretty cool though and the characters look class, shooting is very satisfying too. And you get a sword that stops bullets :pac: Hopefully they'll put out an update to sort out some of the issues.

Cool armour.
    e.y.e-divine-cybermancy-wallpapers_26915_852x480.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

i have to say this looks way more interesting then new Dues Ex...

did you actuolly got it?

Yeah I have it and playing it through with a friend which is actually a really good coop experience one of the better one's iv had in a long time.

Had one mission where I had to retrieve a certain item. It was being guarded by 4 special forces guy. We were position above them in this warehouse and I thought we'd take them out with our sniper rifles.

Instead I decided to hack of the guys down there and let my friend do the same to another one. Sadly he took slightly longer then me to hack into one of the special forces and my guy proceeded to melt everyone down there with screams of "Noooo" ringing around. Then I may have accidental pointed him at my buddy who got shot at :p

Another instance we had a turret covering a ramp up to a area we were heading up to. Thing had rockets and machine guns. My buddy decided to hack the sentry. I grew impatient and cyber jumped up onto the ramped hit my clock and went behind the sentry, lifted it up and threw it over the side.......

Just so happened to be where my friend was standing trying to hack the sentry! He wasn't pleased getting a rocket up his ass :p

It is a very rough game there is no denying it. If you don't have a lot of patience don't get this game. But honestly it's become one of my favourite FPS in the last number of years. On par of when I first played STALKER. Really feels like a PC game rather then a console port.

If these guys had Human Revolutions budget my mind would melt with what they could achieve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I've heard good things about this came and the creators issued a notice saying they took on board everyone's complaints, like the ones posted here, and will work on an update asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Here's quite a funny co-op playthrough.

Advertisement