Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread*** Tue 9/8 19:15 WES1 -v- FB Monks

Options
  • 08-08-2011 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Still need to concentrate for the 3 points lads, also, cup game next week, so need to keep on top of things

Clay - in
    Conor - in
    Keith - work
    Gav - inj
    Jules - in
    Ciaran - in
    Martin - inj
    Gary - inj
    Eamon - in
    Kenny - inj
    Cathal - in
    Eoin - inj
    Collie - inj
    Joe - work
    Dave - in
    Wes - in

Cillian - in
    Paul - in
    Dan - in

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Sorry to be missing the last game of the season. But 3 points will be the difference between 2nd and 3rd and a win will give us good momentum going into the cup game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Good luck lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

I Am In

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

Any Chance Of Getting Ed Or Dan Up Tonight Or Even Their Keeper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Mall10357 wrote: »
    Any Chance Of Getting Ed Or Dan Up Tonight Or Even Their Keeper

Joe is bringing his mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Spiritofthekop

I'm not sure I can get out of work now so you might need one more. I can ask around for a replacement if you want. Let me know if you need 1 more.

If I can get someone to cover & can make it out on time for kick off I can be a 12th man as a sub.

Seen the result on astro lads, disappointing. Chins up though, if we'd have won last week no way we'd have lost tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Sad to say, but we lost 5-1. Even typing that doesn't feel right, no way in hell is that a fair reflection of the game, but they were clinical with their chances and we were not at times and when we were, their keeper was really top drawer.

We had by far the lion's share of possession and chances in the 1st half but were caught very badly on the break twice to somehow go in 2-0 down, but I think we all felt we could win it 3-2 or better given how many chances we'd made in the first half.

But the game got stretched and they countered well to punish us, but we had some excellent moves and strikes and I think we'd have scored at least another 2 against any other keeper in this league.

It's hard to be positive about this result cos it's no doubting it's a sorry end to the league season. On the other hand, just lok at how many core team members were unavailable and that explains at least in part why things were a bit disjointed tonight. When we've been at our best this season, we've been excellent. We just weren't at full strength or in top gear often enough to win the league. If we perform more consistently next season, we definitely have the talent to bounce back and reclaim the title.

Thanks to Des and Michael for their excellent management throughout another season that I think has seen us progress in many areas. Lets keep te momentum going between seasons with the cup next week and team training each week after that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Big shame on the result, but as Jules said we were missing a lot of people so I've no doubt if we'd have had out standard team out it would have been different result.

Got a tough cup game on Monday and we need to move on from the last 2 results and put in a good performance.

So did we finish 3rd or 4th? Table seems a bit unclear on that.

• Advertisement

SMH 18 15 1 2 67 21 46 46 UpArrow.gif 2 FC Vaughans 18 13 2 3 47 24 23 41 downArrow.gif 3 Boardeaux 18 12 2 4 67 29 38 38

Our goal difference is fantastic when you compare. Scoring 67 goals is great going. Looking at the goal scoring charts SMH had a forward who scored over a 1/3 of their goals.

It was just 1 or 2 games which ended in draws when we gave away 4 sloppy points early in the season, one match we lost 5 - 0 when again we where missing vital players & of course the decider last week when imho we where missing 3 very important core players who had played the whole season & we replaced with lads (who fair play came & helped out) but cause they were not involved for the previous 7 games we had won on the spin did not have the match practice & intensity needed to be ready for a game as big as that one.

We all know we are capable of wining the league again next season if we keep up the high intensity in every game.

The Cup is there for us now to make up for all the hard work this season.

Also to add as well thanks to Des & Michael for organizing & managing so well since I've been involved. I know how hard it is as I have my own team on Monday nights which can be very demanding most of the time getting everyone involved every week.

Advertisement