Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

galaxy S2 IM

Options
  • 08-08-2011 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

hey everyone
    Just a quick question for those a bit more in the know than myself. My gf recently got the Galaxy S2 on Vodafone bill pay and i have an old nokia with vodafone so texts between us are free. however im looking at getting the S2 with one of 3 mobiles new bill pay options for myself. But since we will be on different networks we'll lose our free texts to eachother and considering we text eachother ALOT it could cost us a fortune! So i was just wondering if we both had the S2 could we use the IM function or skype as an alternative to texting and can you leave these applications running all day so we just get texts like normal??
    Any help greatly appreciated!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Yep you can. Or you can use something like Whatsapp or Viber too. Plenty of apps available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

You could also use Cabbage or textdroid to send your webtexts.

Obviously all these options will require that you have some sort of data bundle

• Registered Users Posts: 7 adamkeane07

ah nice one! thanks a million, appreciate the response :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 adamkeane07

yeah im goin for that all you can eat data option from 3 and herself gets up to 500mb free a month. would that cover it you think??

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Easily. An IM using most apps is barely a few bytes of data

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

yeah im goin for that all you can eat data option from 3 and herself gets up to 500mb free a month. would that cover it you think??

Remember you the phone already has Talk, google's own IM client installed on it which also supports video chat (like skype), and with 500mb of data per month............. ;)

Advertisement