Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTunes and eBay scam

Options
  • 08-08-2011 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

This happened to me last week but I just noticed today when I logged on to my internet banking. There were a number of transactions for both eBay and iTunes on my current account, there were 2 from eBay (one in US dollars and the other in Singapore dollars!) and then several iTunes transactions. I do use iTunes but my iTunes account is linked to my credit card, not my current account so it looks like someone got hold of my debit card details and set up another iTunes account. I have got on to my bank (PTSB) to start the ball rolling on investigating it as a fraud, I also phoned eBay who are looking into the two transactions belonging to them. I've emailed Apple but I don't hold out much hope as from what I've heard they are not too interested in frauds like this.....

Has anyone had a similar experience? Can I expect my bank to deal with this quickly or will I have to fight to get a refund?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

If you file a dispute with your credit card company, they can issue a charge-back against the disputed items. Generally speaking, CC companies and banks come down on the side of the customer in these issues.

Advertisement