Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Stuff

Options
  • 08-08-2011 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

No.. I'm not giving stuff away. I'm just wondering what websites/free stuff did you sign up for when you got pregnant?

I got the eumom stuff from the hospital when I was there. But I've also signed up to smanutrition, pampers, a tesco competition for a years supply of free nappies... I'm not sure how much else :o Are they worth it? Or just a steady supply of junk mail?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Couldn't tell you when its on but there was a baby fair in the RDS when herself was pregnant and she literally came out with BAGS of stuff for whatever the entrance fee was?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

14th & 15th April 2012, 10-6 Daily Simmonscourt, RDS, Dublin
    21st & 22nd April 2012, 10-6 Daily City Hall, Cork

Thanks! Just took a look. I was only just pregnant at that point... And still in college so I was a little too busy to start looking for stuff. And I'll be busy arranging my wedding next year (those dates) so I don't think I'd be able to go... It's something to put in the diary.. :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Yeah I was the same, only pregnant a month, so didn't want to start getting stuff that early, felt like I was tempting faith. Wouldn't mind but 2 girls from my work run that show.

I've got the Eumom stuff, signed up to pampers, huggies, tesco baby. Think that's it. A lot of it is junk, but the money off vouchers are handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

Oral Slang wrote: »
    Yeah I was the same, only pregnant a month, so didn't want to start getting stuff that early, felt like I was tempting faith. Wouldn't mind but 2 girls from my work run that show.

I've got the Eumom stuff, signed up to pampers, huggies, tesco baby. Think that's it. A lot of it is junk, but the money off vouchers are handy.

I signed up to tesco baby club at the fair but havent gotten anything yet. Im 30weeks at the moment.
    Should i re-register?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I signed up at for the pampers one at about 12 weeks and they said the stuff would arrive between 28 and 36 weeks, so far nothing has arrived :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Have you been on Rollercoaster, thats a great site, tell you of all special offers coming up, i get tesco baby club even though i never signed up, my babies are 13 and 15, lol

I'm 30 weeks today. Got my tesco envelope about a week or two ago & my pampers pack yesterday, so I'd imagine both of you should get them soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

You also get a bag in the hospital with stuff in it... well I did in the Coombe two years ago anyway...

Toots* wrote: »
    I signed up at for the pampers one at about 12 weeks and they said the stuff would arrive between 28 and 36 weeks, so far nothing has arrived :(

Mine took ages to arrive...how many weeks are you?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'm 36 weeks at the end of this week :)

God it just feels like yesterday when I was lurking around on this forum after taking a positive pregnancy test! How time flies!

• Advertisement

Toots* wrote: »
    I'm 36 weeks at the end of this week :)

God it just feels like yesterday when I was lurking around on this forum after taking a positive pregnancy test! How time flies!

Mine is flying by too....have been so busy with work and exams and family that it has just crept up on me.
    Make sure you register and download the huggies vouchers on their website...it only allows you print twice ( press the back button after you print the first)

By the way, there are only about 10 nappys in the pampers pack and enough detergent for 1 clothes wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Do you have a Boots advantage card? If you do you can sign up for the Parenting Club online. I did it a couple of weeks ago and got some vouchers in the post today.

Theres a couple for some free stuff-one for a free avent bottle and another for a free changing bag when you buy a pack of nappies and a few decent money off ones

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Do you have a Boots advantage card? If you do you can sign up for the Parenting Club online. I did it a couple of weeks ago and got some vouchers in the post today.

Theres a couple for some free stuff-one for a free avent bottle and another for a free changing bag when you buy a pack of nappies and a few decent money off ones

what did you put down as your postcode? Its says the clubs are only available in the Uk & 24 won't go in as a valid postcode for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Oral Slang wrote: »
    what did you put down as your postcode? Its says the clubs are only available in the Uk & 24 won't go in as a valid postcode for me.

Oh sorry, I am in the UK. I just presumed seeing as they have the advantage card in Ireland they would also have the parenting club. Should have checked :(

Just wondering did anyone who was waiting on their Pampers pack receive it? My little guy is 6 weeks old and born 1 week late and I've still not gotten anything. Just checked my registration email and they said it'd be sent between 28 and 38 weeks, if I were still pregnant I'd be in week 47 now! I fired them an email there now saying how disappointed I am (:p) in the hopes they might pop me out a few vouchers. My son was too big for newborn nappies since he was 3 weeks old so I hope they don't send extra nappies!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holidaygirl

I registered for the pampers one when I was maybe 15 weeks pregnant with my son. One day we got a slip saying there was a parcel to be collected in the post office. Our little lad was nearly 3 months old at that stage and I couldn't think of what it was at all. Was getting excited about it.

It was the pampers box, only a couple of newborn size 1 nappies and a travel pack of wipes and a few other very small bits.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have a can of Aptimil 1+ Milk , we bought it but never used it.
    1 packet of lidl size 3 nappies to give away if anyone wants them,the small baby is severely allergic to them.

I am in Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

was just thinking about the pampers thing - signed up at the beginning of July - and haven't received anything yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

I got mine the other day at 32 weeks. They must be a bit hit and miss then...

Just another update on the pampers situation, they replied to me asking me to confirm that I'd activated my pampers village account through the confirmation email I received and to confirm my name, address and email. I did this and they replied to say that they're sending out a €6 voucher by way of an apology, which I should receive in 10 working days. So I'd say if you're past the date your pack is supposed to arrive it would be worth sending them an email.

• Advertisement
Advertisement