Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

France: Eastern

• 07-08-2011 11:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭

http://www.camping-belfort.co.uk/accueil.html

In the town of Belfort

Stayed overnight as a stop on journey from Germany to Bordeaux.

My wife and I agreed that this site could be summed up as needing a little love and attention. Of the two barriers at the entrance one does not work, and looks like it hasn't in a while. Items like soap dispensers in toilet block had gone missing and not been replaced, the toilet facilities in general needed more care, grass and weeds around the site need taming in places. The sites location is fine and there is a lot of history to see in the town which is a 20 min walk away. The site is right next door to a lovely lake.

Will not stop here again though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭T650

http://www.camping-chalon.com/

Just across the river from Chalon-sur-Saone

On the river Saone. Lovely little site. No playground but we stayed here to take in the Street Performer festival ( which got hammered by the wet weather ) and as a stop going across France. Free wifi. Nice clean site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I have a few :

Aix les Bains : Camping Sierroz 3 * Great campsite, people at reception are not the greatest though, but facilities are ok, and the location is great, right near the lake. Easy enough to get into town with the bus, but you can also catch the little tourist mototrain going up to town, it actually gets parked in the campsite and starts tour nearby. Tiny shop on site, nice restaurant/bar with good atmosphere and good genuine French food. Some games for the little ones (not the best but something there). The plots are nice, separated by hedges. We had a corner one so nice and private and slightly larger.

Lac d'Annecy : St Jorioz > Camping international. We had planned to go next door to another campsite that looked fabulous, but it was full, so we stayed in International. This was brilliant, except for the total lack of atmosphere. The toilets/showers are amazing (neon lights in the ceiling, fantastic kiddies toilets, great wash up facilities....). The swimming pool is absolutely gorgeous, not for swimmers more for loungers : very shallow spots for little ones, very gradually deepening to a comfortable adult depth, jaccuzzi, and a separated slide area. And all that with a magnificent, and I mean, breathtakingly magnificent view over the mountains around the lake, with a steady stream of paragliders floating by all day long (on sunny days I guess). This really had the wow factor.
    Water saving system in the showers : little key that you must leave deposit for, gives you minutes of water for shower. I didn't like this at first, but we found we had loads of water left over unused, and didn't hurry. A bit of a walk will take you down to the lake, then if you stroll further along the lake, to the St Jorioz boat deck, where you can catch the bateaubus to Annecy. Take the return ticket that stops at all the stops, for a nice visit. The way in is quick, the return longer since you loop all around the lake.

Going inland towards Lyon/Roanne :

Camping Ile de la Comtesse http://www.ile-de-la-comtesse.com/ That's near the funpark Walibi, great entertainment for 6 to 15 yo for a day. Grand campsite, functional, swimming pool, and beside river. Good playing area for the kids. Very very quiet since populated mostly by German and Danish people.

Near Lyon : Camping Les Portes du Beaujolais, Anse. For a real French atmosphere, go there ! Swimming pool, reasonable toilet/showers/wash up facilities (not brilliant, but do the job). Small shop, bread available. Snack bar serving good pizzas. Plots are good, you choose your spot. Good playground for kids. Now for the atmosphere : quiet seekers beware ! We were there on a week-end night, when a disco was organised for young and old alike. This was outdoors by the pool so heard all over the campsite, but the atmosphere was brilliant with grannies and youngsters dancing, and some excited little kids. It was like a wedding :) This all finished with dancing competitions in the pool. That would be great fun for teenagers.

If anyone's interested, my sister lives near Roanne, and I have been to 3 very nice campsites in that area, just ask :pac:

Advertisement