Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Player for HTC

Options
  • 07-08-2011 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭

I changed my much loved iPhone 4 for a HTC Sensation yesterday and I'm a complete newb when it comes to Android. What'd the best free music player for the phone? On my iPhone I was able to connect it via Bluetooth to the radio in my car so id like to be able to do that with the htc too.

Also any essential apps I should have? I'm curious as to what I've been missing while I had the iPhone!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

I would recommend Google Music
    upload all your music to the cloud and there is a web based player for the PC or an App for the phone too. Phone app is decent. I would think you can do the same Bluetooth connection although I have never tried it.

have a look at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056287647 to get an invite (your going to need to join while going through a US proxy to start with but after that its just work away as normal)
    Also see http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-20061876-285/how-to-use-google-music-beta-for-android/for an overview.

Apps I cant do without are

• Gmail
    • Google Docs
    • Newsrob (RSS Reader)
    • RTE App
    • Navigator (fires up a nice screen when i connect to Bluetooth in the Car)
    • Timeriffic (set up profiles depending on time e.g. turnoff Bluetooth after 11pm as I won’t be using it then turn it on again at 7am when I am on the way to work in the car)
    • TV Listings – Ireland
    • Voice Caller ID
    • ASTRO File Manager
    • SwiftKey X (best keyboard out there by far IMO)
    • Google Maps

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Brilliant thanks! I have no idea how to do the US proxy but ill figure it out.

That Timeriffic sounds the business!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Player pro is a brilliant music app.It lets you have full control of how it looks and works etc and the layout is brilliant.. It's like 3.99 but there are ways around the price i'd say :) And to play via bluetooth go, Share, Audio file, Bluetooth, And find the device :)

Awesome, thanks! I haven't put any music on it just yet but ill be doing that during the week. Will the phone remember the Bluetooth device? Or will I have to choose share every time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Awesome, thanks! I haven't put any music on it just yet but ill be doing that during the week. Will the phone remember the Bluetooth device? Or will I have to choose share every time?

I'm pretty sure it'll be remembered, although i can't promise :pac:

• Advertisement

Right i'm using Player Pro now, put an album into my music folder and it's playing on Player Pro no problem but, there's no artist name, it just says 'unknown'. I've gone into edit it on the phone but it says 'fialed to edit songs'.

Any idea how to give the artist name?

Advertisement