Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help! hand tamped/chased brass Persian platter

Options
  • 07-08-2011 7:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I recently acquired a brass hand tamped/chased platter from Persia. I was told that it is over 100 years old, but I do not know the history behind the item. I am hoping someone out there can tell me a little more about it and what it's approximate value is to see if I got a fair price. I would appreciate any information. Some pictures are posted below. Thank you!

p8070496.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

p8070508.jpg

p8070506.jpg

p8070510.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Wild_Dogger

Well , they are common enough throughout the east .
    They dont usually obtain a huge price , but your example looks to be a bit better than the average . The definition is crisp .

They often come with a collapsible stand , so essentially they are actually table tops.

Very hard to date , maybe late 19th but probably 20th century i.m.o

go on .... tell us where you got it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cgfuller1

Thanks for the info. I actually got it at an estate sale. They were collectors of a lot of fine antiques.

Advertisement