Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Control Canon DSLR camera from Android device

Options
  • 07-08-2011 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

I discovered this app this evening and think it has great potential.

https://market.android.com/details?id=eu.chainfire.dslrcontroller

It allows you to control your Canon DSLR camera from the touchscreen of your android device.
    Its only at beta stage at the moment.
    Your android device needs to support "USB Host Mode", which will limit its compatibility. You also need to be running Gingerbread or later.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Yeah I saw this too, I think it was created by Chainfire.

Pity it doesn't work on Nikon DSLRs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

saw it over on engadget, this would be brill if they did a nikon version. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Hecklar wrote: »
    Any one having a problem downloading this?
    It doesn't give me the option to download :(
    Running oxygen 2.2 on htc desire.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

MiCr0 wrote: »
    Seemingly it needs gingerbread on the sg2

MiCr0 wrote: »
    Seemingly it needs gingerbread on the sg2

• Advertisement
Advertisement