Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kitchen redecoration

• 07-08-2011 12:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18

The walls in my kitchen are large decorative panels, probably vinyl or PVC I would guess, which have been there for many years.

I want to redecorate as economically as possible and have heard that this kind of surface can be painted over ( it currently has a flower-type display!!).

I would think it should first be washed down with sugar soap or something similar. Is this correct and would it need any more preparation before painting? What kind of paint would you advise? I've recently heard of MSP (multi-surface paint) and that it can adhere to anything but not sure if that would be best here.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭LJL

hi,

we painted our kitchen units last year which were mdf. we just washed them with a damp cloth to make sure all the grease and other kitchen dirt was gone. we used an oil primer to seal them. all we did was use a rag and rub on the oil. when dry, after a few hours you can paint them. with a paint specifically for wood.

our kitchen looks brand new..

good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 tom leonard

Thanks for that. :D

My walls are vinyl or something similar so I wonder if they will need some special treatment to make sure the paint will adhere to them ok? Or perhaps some special paint? Any suggestions much appreciated.

Advertisement