Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found 2 horses near Ballyknockan, Wicklow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭twomeys

Could be abandoned. We talk to the ISPCA a lot and their saying that a huge amount of horses are being abandoned on mountains and tied to peoples gates. Not sure will you get the info you need here as the forum is kinda quiet at the moment. Might be no harm doing a donedeal add, they have a "found" section...

Eoghan

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

There's at least one person I know in Ballyknockan who has horses - there's a lorry parked outside their house, which you can see from the road. Did you ask in any of the nearby houses if they know whose they are? Or did you contact the Garda station in Blessington? They're pretty good at looking for owners when horses get on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭missloulou

Well done firstly for catching them and taking them in. They look in good condition so I would hope someone is looking for them.

I don't know anybody in the area but I would be extra carefull when people come to collect them, that they bring some proof that the horse is theirs, like some photos. The last thing you want is to give them to the wrong people.

Well done again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Caatjes

Thanks all, for your replies. This sounds quite shocking (I'm new to the country). The horses really looked like they were just on a stroll and I was not worried about it at all, thought they must be local. But now I'm really starting to worry. Will check things out today, if no luck I'll contact the Garda station. Is it to early to contact ISPCA? Thanks for the advice and will post back with any news.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭missloulou

I would say get to word out to local farmers and in the local shops, somebody has to be looking for them, they don't look like the normal type that gets abandoned.

If you need any tips etc. for keeping them for a couple of days until their owners are found just shout.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Caatjes

Checked the field I left them in and it was empty this morning, so hope they are back home, safe and sound. Didn't notice it yesterday, but there are plenty of horses around that area, guess they were local after all...
    Thanks again for all the feedback and advice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

well done for taking them in, a lot of people wouldn't have taken on the hassle. nice to hear someone would :D

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

It's great to see non horsey people taking care of horses for other people like this espcially with all horses being abandoned. Read this article earlier on and don't understand how people can do this.:eek: http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/397/309034.html

I've been wishing for a horse for years so instead of abandoning them ring me and I can claim they were abandoned just so my parents would let me keep it:rolleyes:

Advertisement