Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pharmacy Tech

Options
  • 06-08-2011 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi just wondering if anyone had done the Pharmacy Tech course in CIT, if so whats it like, its it very hard, what are the hours like etc??? Am waiting to hear if i got a place at the end of Aug and would like to know!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Queenalocin

You will be in college three days a week, Tues, Wed and Thurs for first year. The days are pretty full and there are a lot of assignments and lab-work to be done. There is a 1 day per week placement in either hospital or community pharmacy which you need to organise yourself. Ideally you should talk to local pharmacists and try to get this organised as soon as you can and be ready to start when the course does.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 carinabean

3 days sounds good! Thanks for your help! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Miriam2k11

Did you get the course? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 carinabean

Yep! Its great!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

carinabean wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if anyone had done the Pharmacy Tech course in CIT, if so whats it like, its it very hard, what are the hours like etc??? Am waiting to hear if i got a place at the end of Aug and would like to know!

Cork IT or IT Carlow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but is there any chance someone whose on the course could pm me a rough out line of what its like day to day, im hoping to go back as a mature student next september and trying to decide between Carlow and DIT

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Queenalocin

You are in college 3 days per week - Tues. Wed, Thur for first year, hours are roughly 9-5 with a mix of class and practicals. The subjects include OTC medicines, chemistry, drug actions and uses, pharmacy administration - to name a few. The workload is heavy enough as there are labs and assignments to be done. You also need to do 8 hours work placement each week, you organise this yourself. If you have free time now, it is worth volunteering in your local pharmacy to get some experience. It really makes life easier in college, whether you are in DIT, AIT, ITC or LYIT doing pharmacy technician.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LuchaLibre

Pharmacy Tech is a fantastic course. Very challenging and work intensive as already stated, but worth it. If you want an easy course and a Degree that's not worth the paper it's printed on, I'd recommend Business or some other such nonsense before this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

You are in college 3 days per week - Tues. Wed, Thur for first year, hours are roughly 9-5 with a mix of class and practicals. The subjects include OTC medicines, chemistry, drug actions and uses, pharmacy administration - to name a few. The workload is heavy enough as there are labs and assignments to be done. You also need to do 8 hours work placement each week, you organise this yourself. If you have free time now, it is worth volunteering in your local pharmacy to get some experience. It really makes life easier in college, whether you are in DIT, AIT, ITC or LYIT doing pharmacy technician.

thanks for that, im 6 years working in a pharmacy so have the experience sorted if i get the course next year

Advertisement