Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soak pit/ grease pit

Options
  • 06-08-2011 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm new here. I run a resort in Fiji and with no building experience I often run into major areas which require my attention but which I have no knowledge of ie generators, septics, boats.

Currently we're trying to unblock a soak pit. We've dug out all of the boulders and stones and cleaned them and are now looking at the mud at the bottom of the pit. I need some advice. If this is the wrong place please point me in the right direction.

It's a grease pit, waste from our kitchen (100 guests plus staff) goes here after #1. being mixed with degreaser and then #2. going through a 4 chamber grease pit.

My main question - do I need to remove the greasy mud at the bottom of the soak pit? Will this make any difference? I know the water and grease has to leech out, but will completely drying this and taking out the mud have any affect?

Any ideas?
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

I think you might get a better response in the DIY forum. Moved from Infrastructure.

Advertisement