Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Authentic Chinese Recipies

Options
  • 06-08-2011 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, my son has just returned fro working in china and I would love to cook some of the food he really enjoyed over there for him, has anyone any good authentic chinese recipies, and can you tell me the best place to get genuine ingredients such as spices etc> thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Oriental Emporium on St. Great Georges St. has everything you'd need, from bottled sauces, spices, fresh veg etc. The street parallel to that, Drury St I think, also has an Asian Supermarket.

I've various chinese cookbooks which do authentic enough dishes. Check out books by Ken Hom or Ching-He Huang both of whom had chinese cookery shows on TV in recent years.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056077430

Take a look at this thread. There are a few Asian stores around the place. I've used the one next to the Jervis LUAS stop a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 annemk

thanks

Advertisement