Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird ,Not Wonderful

Options
  • 06-08-2011 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭

The above is the only way of simply describing my phobia

Does anyone here have a phobia of vomiting so much so that it causes you to act strange?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭DEVEREUX

Is your phobia around the act of vomiting, the thought of vomiting or someone else vomiting? Everyone hates vomiting.........baaaarf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Printemps93

DEVEREUX wrote: »
    Is your phobia around the act of vomiting, the thought of vomiting or someone else vomiting? Everyone hates vomiting.........baaaarf

My phobia is around everything to do with vomiting .... doesnt bother me if its someone else , unless I've a sick stomach

I get MAJOR panic attacks if I feel I'm going to vomit

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭DEVEREUX

Yeah i wouldnt say your alone in fearing the onset of some good old stomach spasm vomit session. Very unpleasant altogether, but just one of those things that happily for most, doesnt happen very often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

My mother has a huge fear of getting sick. She works herself into such a panic when she knows she's going to throw up. Her fear is choking on her vomit.
    I usually have to treat her firmly like a child, telling her to relax / calm down, that I'm there and nothing will happen. But I do it in a 'this isn't a serious issue' tone, because if I get annoyed / agitated, it's only going to make her worse. It does help and over the years I think we've managed to reduce her fear slightly, she's not *As* bad when she's going to be sick. It probably helps that I've no issue with being sick myself, or being around people getting sick, so I don't react in any way.

Advertisement