Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

switching from HTC to Samsung galaxy s 2

Options
  • 05-08-2011 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

My work phone contract is about to expire and we are upgrading to an unlimited plan. Currently have HTC Desire and there is a possibility we can get new phones, either HTC Sensation or Galaxy S 2.

Is it easy to transfer data (messages etc) from desire to either of these? Or will they be lost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Well if you plan to keep the same SD card it is.

Use SMS Backup & Restore from market to back up messages.

I use app list backup for my apps - it really just links you to the market to redownload them, but that's all I really want as I often don't want to redownload them

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Q&A

I second SMS Backup and Restore. I recently installed a custom rom on my desire s a combination of that app and titanium backup restored all the apps and info I wanted.... I think there are a few other apps on the market if you want to back up wifi info and stuff as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Google backs up your apps and settings too, when I switched to an SGS2 they were all there when I logged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Google backs up your apps and settings too, when I switched to an SGS2 they were all there when I logged in.

This is a handy feature alright, but I find that it works sometimes for restoring apps - and as I've read that having it switched on (Settings > Privacy > Back up my data) consumes a lot of battery, so I've unchecked it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Zagato wrote: »
    This is a handy feature alright, but I find that it works sometimes for restoring apps - and as I've read that having it switched on (Settings > Privacy > Back up my data) consumes a lot of battery, so I've unchecked it now.

Interesting, I must switch it off and keep an eye on the stats. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement