Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have a job, but no hours for the last month?

Options
  • 05-08-2011 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

About two months ago, I left a job with a guaranteed 3 hours a week for a job where I was told I would be getting 15-20 hours a week and I have had none for the last month and a half. I have no contract, so I was wondering if there is anything I can do? I can't quit the job and get the dole because I'm a student. Someone mentioned that it is illegal to have no hours when you are employed. i was wondering if there is any truth to this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

I hate to tell you this, but you're unemployed :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

Skintwin wrote: »
    I can't quit the job and get the dole because I'm a student.
    You dont have a job to quit, lets face it if you have not worked in a month and a half you cant afford not to look for another job

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

You dont have a job to quit, lets face it if you have not worked in a month and a half you cant afford not to look for another job

I have been looking for another job...I had to turn down an inerview last week because I was away and they only gave me one day's notice!
    I just thought it might have been illegal to employ someone and then not give them any hours as a manager of a shop I know said it to me recently, and I was just wondering...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Skintwin wrote: »
    I have been looking for another job...I had to turn down an inerview last week because I was away and they only gave me one day's notice!
    I just thought it might have been illegal to employ someone and then not give them any hours as a manager of a shop I know said it to me recently, and I was just wondering...

If you have no contract, then you have no job.

Advertisement