Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polar White Pro Teeth Whitening Pen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Suitusir

Thinking of getting one,Does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭veritable

Well I have just got mine but my sister has been using it for the past few months and she has got about 5/6 shades whiter (don't ask me how she knows it 5/6 shades but she swears by it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Suitusir

Might give it a go so seeing as its not that expensive,thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Apparently it doesn't have a CE mark(!!!!) and is known to burn gums. I think the product has been discontinued due to this and they're available quite freely in bricks and mortar shops for the €19.99.

Source.

TheZohan wrote: »
    Apparently it doesn't have a CE mark(!!!!) and is known to burn gums. I think the product has been discontinued due to this and they're available quite freely in bricks and mortar shops for the €19.99.

Source.

Yeah, I saw that. In fairness what that forum said is a dental assistant somewhere was unsure about it. I'd agree with you that it will take a lot of business away from the more expensive teeth whitening treatments that dentists offer. My sister has been using it for a few months and she's the one who recommended it to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I'm ashamed to say I have tried this and surprise surprise it didn't work at all!

I decided to do my own little experiment with it and only apply it to my top teeth. At first I thought there was a definite improvement but when I compared my top and bottom teeth both were exactly the same. Both had improved a little because I had been washing my teeth like mad for a few weeks to give the pen every opportunity to work. After everything that might stain my teeth, from tea to blue berries, I was washing furiously. I think that the super fastidious approach to washing helped but the pen definitely didn't at all. My top teeth are no whiter than the bottom ones.
    I have to mention that the pen caused a little sensitivity and also caused my gums to bleed so despite what the blurb might say it's not for the sensitive.

The bargain on this one I'm afraid will be keeping your money and the smug satisfaction that you weren't silly enough to be sucked in.

The new Colgate whitening toothpaste , I think it's caused Once, is good in my opinion. It only claims to help by one shade in a week but at least it does seem to actually do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

will this work if you smoke I wonder ?

thanks for your comment whimsical; i haven't tried it on myself yet but maybe it depends on the person. Will try it over the next week and let you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,136 ✭✭✭✭Esel

veritable wrote: »
    Bought one of these new teeth whitening pens in town and went online later to find out I could have bought it for e15 cheaper online. Worth a look for those of us with less than sparkling teeth!:D

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280719503809&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_973wt_1141
    Seller has a feedback count of 2.....

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Seller has a feedback count of 2.....

Is that the number in brackets beside the name? says 7 the last time i checked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,136 ✭✭✭✭Esel

veritable wrote: »
    Is that the number in brackets beside the name? says 7 the last time i checked?
    I saw 6, but when I clicked in, it was only 2. Ergo, imo, not trustworthy yet.

Maybe it is because I have been burned by a completely unrelated tooth-whitening scam....

Not your ornery onager

well 2 days in and i can see a noticeable difference already. i'm applying it as directed on the instructions. will keep you updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Almost 2 weeks since I started using the polar white pen and the results are quite good. I've definitely noticed a big improvement in the colour of my teeth and i have experienced no discomfort or pain at all whatsoever. I have to say, i am quite happy with this product and will be back for more.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭thumper10

so peoples it this product worth buying???? cheers got laser whitening done at a deal of around 80, but was expecting it to be whiter and for longer, was disapointed, didnt want sparkle white, but had expected a bit better....

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

I received the whitening pen as a present last Christmas and i found little, if any difference in the colour of my teeth. I'f i'd have paid for it i would probably been even more disappointed! ..I am a non smoker by the way.

Advertisement