Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Finding an Old Game!

Options
  • 05-08-2011 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm looking for help finding an old PS1/PS2 moon colony/base game. I remember playing it but not it's name. I remember it to be a kind of Sims/Theme Hospital but on the moon.

I've searched online myself, trawled through Wikipedia's entire lists of PS1 & 2 games to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Startopia?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

No, I'm pretty sure there were only humans in the game. Definitely no combat either. Thanks for the reply though, that game doesn't look half bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Xcom Enemy Unknown?
    0.jpg

x-com-ufo-defense.jpg

penev10 wrote: »
    Xcom Enemy Unknown?
    0.jpg

x-com-ufo-defense.jpg

No I'm fairly certain there were no aliens or combat, and it looked a bit better than that!

I'll have to keep searching. Maybe turn this whole thing into a movie!

Thanks for the replies.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Stab in the dark, but is it Alpha Centurai?

Alpha_Centauri.jpg

• Advertisement

Thanks but no, it was on a much more personal level, like more focus on a few people rather than thousands.

This sounds like I'm messing or something but it's one of those "movie moments" but sadly IMDb can't help me here!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Was it top down like the above pics or was it 3rd person etc?

Was it top down like the above pics or was it 3rd person etc?

Top down like your standard RTS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

was it

Moon Tycoon

MoonTycoonCover2.jpg

Moon_Tycoon-s6.jpg

No it wasn't that, it was on PS1 if I remember correctly, defo wasn't pc. and Was again, an even smaller scale than an entire city. Much closer perspective!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

OP I had that game too and I can't remember what it is! Very similar to Theme Hospital, you had to set up a colony in space and manage your money and resources.

In fact, was it called Space Colony??

Link: http://pc.ign.com/articles/455/455734p1.html

Newaglish wrote: »
    OP I had that game too and I can't remember what it is! Very similar to Theme Hospital, you had to set up a colony in space and manage your money and resources.

In fact, was it called Space Colony??

Link: http://pc.ign.com/articles/455/455734p1.html

Aaaaahhh you legend!!

Thanks so much dude, the only way to scratch a nostalgic itch is to play the old game, and this was wrecking my head!

Thanks again! :D
    And thanks to everyone else for their input. :)

Advertisement