Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on this tent.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

Have a look in Millets off Capel St. I just got a 4 man walk-in with extra canopy , 5000 hydr stat head for €299. I know it is more expencive and you don't get the sleepng bags but the big seller for me was the 5000 hydr stat head. They have a good sale on at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭waterboy15

At 26 kilo for tent only you wont be carrying it any more than few feet, 2000 hyd head is on the low side me personally would get min 3000 with our rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Is hyd. the amount of downpour they can cope with without them leaking?
    I don't mind getting the sleeping bags seperate any recommendations on what type is best, are the mummy ones better or are they a bit tight?

€300 would be the absolute max for the tent alone if it meant we could get just the right one that will last.

Are there any camping shops that have tents set up in the shop so you can have a proper look?

Any recommendations for simple compact gas stoves and other paraphanalia? Don't want to be bogged down with tons of stuff but we need to get all the basics.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

Millets have some set up also "camping crazy" in New Ross have good deals with tents set up so you can see them.

What part of the country you in, argos have end of season camping sale on and i see outwell winnipeg 5 and 6 man tents 3 room for 243 and 270 both 3000 mm head which is the vertical water resistance higher is better although you could spray on waterproofer if going for lower figure.

• Advertisement

My brother has a camping stove like argos 340/7497, great little stove but not suitable for back packing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Just spotted another one in Halfords that has 5000 no porch thingy but that's not a big deal it has two seperate bedrooms with a living space in between. If we got that I'd check the whole thing in the shop to make sure it had all it's bits.

(We're in Co Tipp). I'll check out Argos for bits n bobs as well.

If I was any good all I'd need is a swiss army knife and a machete ...or perhaps I've been watchin too much Ray Mears.

We'll be using the car to lug stuff around, mostly staying in campsites by the looks of it or in friends fields etc. but would like to spend a couple of nights in some sort of wilder surroundings.

Just spotted another one in Halfords that has 5000 no porch thingy but that's not a big deal it has two seperate bedrooms with a living space in between. If we got that I'd check the whole thing in the shop to make sure it had all it's bits.

(We're in Co Tipp). I'll check out Argos for bits n bobs as well.

If I was any good all I'd need is a swiss army knife and a machete ...or perhaps I've been watchin too much Ray Mears.:)

We'll be using the car to lug stuff around, mostly staying in campsites by the looks of it or in friends fields etc. but would like to spend a couple of nights in some sort of wilder surroundings.

If you near limerick try river deep mountain high or cannot think of other shop. If you have a smaller tent one could use a tarp shelter as well for porch living etc.

A machette in ireland is a pure waste of time, i got a mora bush craft knife for 20 quid and its a class job.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

I've just ordered this one from the UK - incl. shipping worked out about €225. Did a lot of research before buying it as I wanted a spacious tent with two bedroom areas that would be quick and easy to pitch.

http://www.best4tents.com/shoppingcart/products/QUECHUA-NEW-T4.2-XL-TENT.html

It got excellent reviews on http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/chatter/

I was in Halfords in Limerick yesterday and a lot of their camping stuff had already sold out. Same story in B&Q, but I got two Gelert sleeping bags for half price. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement