Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brink: Free weekend on Steam

Options
  • 05-08-2011 3:21am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭

As the title says, Brink is free to play for the weekend. It's seemingly complete, both single and multiplayer. I'm not impressed so far, it's got nothing distinguishing about it. The menus system is odd, with multiplayer hidden under the title of "freeplay". The maps I've seen are just small, cramped corridors with no character. But it's free so enjoy it while you can.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bah, would like to have given this a go, but alas i'm away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

It's also on sale at €25 due to the Quakecon sale event and included in the quakecon pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

You're not missing out

I bought the full priced retail version "52 minutes played" ...and I'm a huge lover of Team Fortress 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Are there many people playing? I thought it was fun and had a lot of potential on the 360, but the netcode was beyond broken are you were just always stuck playing bots.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Are there many people playing? I thought it was fun and had a lot of potential on the 360, but the netcode was beyond broken are you were just always stuck playing bots.

The netcode seemed perfectly fine during the round I played last night, but that's hardly a great sample rate to draw a conclusion from.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

There's no network issues since the launch of the PC version as far as I'm aware. Either way its a terrible game anyway.

Advertisement