Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jimmy Choo Hunter Wellies for Men

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Eh .... Jimmy Choo Hunters are for women.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

tinkerbell wrote: »
    Eh .... Jimmy Choo Hunters are for women.
    The ones linked aren't, there's a picture of a man wearing them and they're in men's sizes.

303821_mrp_ou_l.jpg

OP, they're wellies! Get a normal pair from a garden centre and if you really have to, customise them yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Well they are Hunter so I would think they should be hard wearing.

You can get regular Hunter wellies in Schuh for less than €100 and they come in all kinds of colours and styles.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Hunter wellies are OK, not as hard wearing as they used to be, but still not bad, especially if you're only going wearing them infrequently. They're very, very comfy, though, and have lots of support on the feet if you're going to be wearing them for long periods of time. The cheaper wellies don't offer the same support or padding underfoot. Worth the €80-€100.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭chupi

Love Hunters OP, but not mad on the mock croc jobbies. I know they're Jimmy Choo but still..

Hunters are some of the comfiest wellies around, definitely go for them, I love mine. Maybe check out ebay? I got my chocolate ones for £13 from there :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Have you tried Bekina Wellingtons, I find them very good! Also got a free pair to test out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Haven't tried Bekina. Must check them out.

Hunters: I think I'll try a pair on in Avoca for sizing and then hit the web. Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭fits

They are so not worth 300 quid!

If you want to spend that kind of money and walk in comfort and style, get yourself a pair of dubarrys!

Like these... leather>>>> rubber

http://www.dubarry.ie/style.cfm?product=3880

No intention of paying anywhere near 300 quid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

uvox wrote: »
    Opinions?

http://www.mrporter.com/product/303821

Are they hard wearing or not? I'd like something fashionable for the next agricultural show in Tinahely and so on.

Oddly, I don't think these are for men at all, but women. Plus they're half the price on the actual Hunters site.

http://www.hunter-boot.com/2/29/Shop-Online/Hunter-and-Jimmy-Choo/BLACK/W23612_BLK.aspx?ReturnQString=%2f2%2fShop-Online%2fProducts.aspx%3fcategoryID%3d29%26selectedpage%3d0%26pagingenabled%3dTrue

They are really ugly sorry, but besides that Hunter quality is very poor they wear out so easily. Aigle are way ahead in every way for roughly the same price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

300 quid for wellies, where would you even wear them!?

I'd rather get a nice pair of designer shoes/piece of clothing but that's me. I never wear wellies.

Ah, those Jimmy Choo Hunters wellies will be grand at the Ploughing Championship/Electric Picnic....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

I'm an equestrian so I know all the secrets on Hunters and a lot of people I know have stopped buying hunters in the past year because the company was taken over and the boots are now made in China and within a few months the soles are slitting because they changed the quality of the rubber!

So I say your best bet is to find a knock off version and save your money, but I have seen these style of Hunters in TK Maxx recently if you're still up for buying them but TK maxx do also other good brands of wellies!

Advertisement