Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When a new patrol car arrives

Options
  • 04-08-2011 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭

So a new Toyota arrives at the station, the old Ford is taken away to retirement.
    As what happened at a local station, but I have noticed recently that the new Toyota is gone again and the 3 year old Mondeo from that stations district HQ has taken up residence.
    So is this a case of the Super deciding that his own lads should have the new car or what?
    Both are 24 hour service vehicles so it can't be a mileage thing. I thought it was unfair. Have any of you come across this before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

The chief decides where a new car goes. A district HQ car will (normally) do more miles than a substation so can make sense sometimes. Is the avensis gone to the district HQ or is it gone completely?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

I tend to find that I'm not too worried about this once the Mondeo's been serviced and valeted.

Even then though the money is tight regarding cleaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

The chief decides where a new car goes. A district HQ car will (normally) do more miles than a substation so can make sense sometimes. Is the avensis gone to the district HQ or is it gone completely?

I think the Avensis is indeed at the district HQ, but why was it not sent directly there originally so?

It spent approx 4 weeks at the first station.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭source

kub wrote: »
    I think the Avensis is indeed at the district HQ, but why was it not sent directly there originally so?

It spent approx 4 weeks at the first station.

Probably because the District HQ's car wasn't due to be changed, but the sub district car was. They were probably swapped out then moved around within the district.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭999nobody

Possibly management are looking after themselves..........

• Advertisement

999nobody wrote: »
    Possibly management are looking after themselves..........
    Management tend not to drive patrol cars!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭999nobody

Management tend not to drive patrol cars!!!

Aah, but when they are taken away they are no longer patrol cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

That makes no sense whatsoever.

If it's white with GARDA and a luminous stripe down the side and a big blue light on the roof, then it's a patrol car!!!!!!

Advertisement