Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdressers for curly hair in Dublin

Options
  • 04-08-2011 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey there,

does anybody have any suggestions of a good hairdressers in dublin city (city centre or west) that do a good job on longish curly hair? I always come out looking a bit like a poodle.

All suggestions greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I go to Alan at Toni & Guy on Clarendon St. My hair is about 5 inches past my shoulders and curly. He always does a good job, leaving my hair to dry naturally a bit before cutting to see how the curls lie. My problem before was that hairdressers combed my hair straight, cut it, and then blowdried straight. When I washed it myself the curls made it a totally different cut!

Haven't been myself, but http://www.thenaturalcut.ie/ cut your hair when it's dry, a definite plus for any curly hair folk!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i have curly and i wouldnt recommend toni and guy at all - they destroyed my hair by using a blunt blade on it, even after i beg them not to go near my hair with a blade, cried my eyes out leaving the place. Was left with a big mess of fuzz

i have a fanastic hairdresser but he went back to south africa :(
    Wasnt too impressed with the Natural Cut, my hair had been tied back for the day when i went to they. the gentleman cutting my hair, didn't listen to me when i told him how curly my hair was, he was quite shocked when he finished cutting my hair and i had a mushroom head and had to re-cut it.

I found CATs on in Dublin 2 good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kflugel

Thanks Twee and Irishbird, I will just have to bite the bullet and give one of your suggestions a go, my hair is getting a bit ridiculous at this stage! I will let you know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tarica

i do it for u but i live in galway david marchalles hair salon they also have a college also dare in inner city if u no dublin the george nite club is on ur right and on left just few mins walk is on ur left on the very end of a corner u caint miss it google it and addree wil be on it also hope this helps regards fiona

tarica wrote: »
    i do it for u but i live in galway david marchalles hair salon they also have a college also dare in inner city if u no dublin the george nite club is on ur right and on left just few mins walk is on ur left on the very end of a corner u caint miss it google it and addree wil be on it also hope this helps regards fiona

hi, any chance of typing that message in english? we dont speak gobbledegook around these parts :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Any other suggestions? I'm curly too....just moved to Dublin and like the OP I've had many bad experiences. I went to one in Stephen's Green last year and actually refused to pay. They didnt object either...wonder why.

All my wonderful hairdressers seem to leave the country!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jetplanerock

I have naturally curly hair (that I now straighten) My hairdresser Lisa is excellent (Zinc Hair Spa in Kilmainham). Ive moved to Laois and I still travel up to get my cut/colour there as Im so wary of hairdressers! Lovely, friendly salon too and the other girls seem like good hairdressers also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jandm

Sharon in Toni and Guy in Sandymount gets curly hair - she was recommended to me by an image consultant who also has curly hair.

Booked an appointment there this evening with Sharon but she was ill and I was too badly in need of a trim to postpone. Not doing that again - hairdresser followed the cut that was there but ended up with the poodle effect as she really did not know what to do to style it properly.

Used to go to Svetlana in Peter Marks in Dundrum Town Centre but it's such a busy place it's like having your hair done on the Stillorgan Dual Carriageway at rush hour!!

i have recently discovered Pzazz in Powerscourt Townhouse and they are brilliant.

it is a proper relaxing hairdressers you dont feel like you are on a conveyor belt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭vumpireofkid

I have had great experiences with two different stylists in Style Club on South William St!
    Unfortunately one of them has left now, but ask for Olive in there if you are making an appointment there. She works Wednesday - Saturday!
    Definitely recommend!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,801 ✭✭✭sporina

Kflugel wrote: »
    Thanks Twee and Irishbird, I will just have to bite the bullet and give one of your suggestions a go, my hair is getting a bit ridiculous at this stage! I will let you know how it goes.

how did you get on? I am going to Dublin for a few days and fancy getting my hair cut too??

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sushisushi

Colm in The Room, downstairs of the barbers in Drury Street, is absolutely great with curly hair. I couldn't believe it when I finally found a hairdresser who could consistently cut curly hair and not leave me end up looking like Alice from Dilbert. Plus, he's never one done the dreaded 'you know, I bet I could straighten that' gambit (usually the first signal to gather your locks and run like the clappers!)

sushisushi wrote: »
    Colm in The Room, downstairs of the barbers in Drury Street, is absolutely great with curly hair. I couldn't believe it when I finally found a hairdresser who could consistently cut curly hair and not leave me end up looking like Alice from Dilbert. Plus, he's never one done the dreaded 'you know, I bet I could straighten that' gambit (usually the first signal to gather your locks and run like the clappers!)

interesting - what is the name of where he works?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sushisushi

sporina wrote: »
    interesting - what is the name of where he works?

It's called The Room, as per post above.

sushisushi wrote: »
    It's called The Room, as per post above.

thanks for that

Advertisement