Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I restore data without a nandroid backup?

Options
  • 04-08-2011 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭

I've been having problems with my memory card recently and managed to get all the data off of the card before it gave up the ghost on me.
    I wasn't able to make a nandroid backup and my most recent one is from april of this year.
    I wanna know if it's possible to restore some/all of the data/apps to the phone from this data or can it only be done via a nandroid backup?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Save files foe games store on phone memory anyways I think so they should be ok. If not just get gamecih 2 and cheat lol.
    Not to sure about the rest cos I have backups of backups all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

If you're rooted and and have the old SD card ext partitioned you would have some data on that which you probably haven't backed up.

You would have to copy the old SD card onto the new one, do a factory wipe and flash a ROM and then restore your data through Titanium Backup or whatever you use.

You could see if you could get the data out of the ext partition and copy that into the same type partition on the new card.

If your not rooted and don't have a partition on your SD card just copy over all the old data and pop that back in and work away as you were before. Should be like a mirror copy.

Advertisement