Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service *RECRUITING NOW*

Options
  • 04-08-2011 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

Folks, apologies if this has been mentioned before, I had a quick look and didnt see any threads.

NIFRS are recruiting now until 11th August, so not long left.

Hope this helps someone.

http://www.nifrs.org/careers.php?sec=425

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭redsurfer

hi all

i was up in omagh on thursday and i passed the medical so now i will just have to wait 3-4 weeks to hear back..

Big thanks to the O.P. who let me know about this:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

redsurfer wrote: »
    hi all

i was up in omagh on thursday and i passed the medical so now i will just have to wait 3-4 weeks to hear back..

You are welcome. Well done and all the best

• Registered Users Posts: 29 chontour

redsurfer wrote: »
    hi all

when you say you passed a medical do you mean the fitness test or an actual medical?

i passed my fitness about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back since :confused:

it was just the beep test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

It's reported that there have been over 6,000 applications for just 24 positions.

• Advertisement

i was told by some of the fire fighters up there that 6000 applied for the job. there is 40 positions to be filled. 20% of people applied did not show up and another 20% failed the beep test.
    for now the story is that for those of us that passed the beep test we are to sit tight and we will hear back in 3 - 4 weeks if we are to called up to belfast for the next test. this will be a broken into 4 parts
    1- carry a 10 stone dummie 100m 2- up and down the ladders 3 - unroll and re-roll fire hoses 4- put into uniform with mask locked into a room full of smoke and heat and you have to find your own way out. all this is done while being timed. i believe that covers all that is coming next

• Site Banned Posts: 10 Ghost4893

Hi all, that sounds about right, I passed the beep test about 3 weeks ago too and am waiting patiently for the next part (assuming I get through the application questions that is!!!) hears hopping we all get the news we want to hear!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Emwhite

Hey there

My husband just passed the aptitude test today as described above for the fire service. I heard there are specific buzz words in the interview for the NIFRS-can anyone help with what they might be?

Thanks

Emma

• Registered Users Posts: 8 conkerplonker

Emwhite wrote: »
    Hey there

My husband just passed the aptitude test today as described above for the fire service. I heard there are specific buzz words in the interview for the NIFRS-can anyone help with what they might be?

Thanks

Emma

I too have passed my aptitude tests, there is not too much info based around the fire fighter interview,

Any word on your interview date yet?:)

• Advertisement

Any word on your interview date yet?:)

not a peep...what about your hubby???

Not yet...I heard they are down to the last 350 so thats some interviews to gte through!

He's studying the PQA's but I wonder is it a mistake to work mainly on these instead of more generic interview questions?

Have you been doing any prep?

Not yet...I heard they are down to the last 350 so thats some interviews to gte through!

He's studying the PQA's but I wonder is it a mistake to work mainly on these instead of more generic interview questions?

Have you been doing any prep?

Ha prep...ive been prepping for 4 years, but yea its good to know the pqa's inside out, and try and mix up your application answers, with some new ones for the interview, im trying to juggle family life and study...its hard, but so far so good, the joys of having a supporting family...

4 years! Well best of luck to you-thanks for the tips. I'll keep you posted if I find anything out.

4 years! Well best of luck to you-thanks for the tips. I'll keep you posted if I find anything out.

yea no problems, it would be good to get more info from the other potential candidates, that are still involved with this stage of the recruitment drive.:D

Still no joy yet, i heard through the grapevine, that there still hasnt been any letters sent out yet...

hey people any joy with yourselves?? i have the interview next week.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 WiloB

Hi folks, has anyone received word after their NIFRS interview. Would be good to hear how some of you's got on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 NIFRS

No word yet, should hear soon!! are you in for it?

NIFRS wrote: »
    No word yet, should hear soon!! are you in for it?
    Yea I'm in for it, just waiting on word back. Don't know anyone else in for it at this stage. My nerves are wrecked waiting lol

• Advertisement

did you get a letter wilob?? letters were sent out friday past.

Hi NIFRS

No haven't received any letter as of yet, I saw yesterday on the NIFRS website they have asked a number of candidates to come forward for medicals. My only hope is that if any letter is sent to me its delayed in the post, at the minute its taking over a week for mail to reach my address. Have you heard anything? Are you in for it or already in, wouldn't mind knowing how many places their looking to fill, I keep hearing 24 and 48 being mentioned.

Cheers for the chat. :)

what area are you from? I know that some in Northern Ireland just got there letters yesterday. I watched the postman walk past my house today!!!
    From what I have heard its 24 places with the possibility of another class in the new year, but who knows if that will happen... A bit annoying that we have to wait until Jan if we have been unsuccessful!

I'm from the North West, I know the feeling. My wife phones me everyday to say the postman has been and there's no letter. It would be great if we knew before xmas, then we could celebrate or drink our sorrows away over the holidays. I heard 350 were in for the interviews, so 24 places would unfortunately lower the ratio a good bit. I'd be happy with any place in any of the classes, probably like yourself, to be offered a place would be amazing. Fingers crossed for tomorrows post then.

yea, who knows maybe tomorrow!!! I will send you a pm.

No problem, i'll do the same. Take it easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Macuil

Anyone had anything further yet from NIFRS?
    Hearing rumors of 2nd intake later on.
    Rumors of delayed intake
    Rumors that hr messed up and some got in but that the full process will start again in feb/march

Cheers if you know anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

Macuil wrote: »
    Anyone had anything further yet from NIFRS?
    Hearing rumors of 2nd intake later on.
    Rumors of delayed intake
    Rumors that hr messed up and some got in but that the full process will start again in feb/march

Cheers if you know anything!

A whole new recruitment campaign?

Thats what was suggested by someone who used to be on the panels, chinese whispers

• Advertisement

Letters in, on reserve to cover anything required 2012/2013, big window!!
    No mention of size of reserve or where you rank in the list

Advertisement