Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spare sky boxes

Options
  • 04-08-2011 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice. I have changed from sky to upc and was wondering can i set up the 2 spare sky boxes in the bedrooms for the free channels on the sky box. If so, how can I do this and what (if any) cables or connections do I need to do this ? Do I need to have a fitting on the wall for this ?

I have a standard box and a sky+ box.

Any advice will be helpful ??

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from N&F.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 tara98

????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Do you still have the sky dish installed? If so you will need to run a cable from the dish directly to the two rooms you want to watch the boxes in. As you are only using the boxes for free to air you only need 1 cable to use the sky+ box, put the cable into the tuner marked no1 at the back of the box.

You will not be able to use the recording functions on the sky+ box unfortunetly without an active subscription.

You should use cabling marked ct100 for long runs or a minimum grade of cable marked RG6 if its a short run.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 tara98

its a lot more work than I expected, do I really need to get someone to get up to the roof ???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

It all depends on where the old cables were originally ran to, if they were ran to the attic then they can be exteneded to the room you require, contact a local installer who would be happy to do it for you, expect a charge of €50-60 for a run maybe less if its a small job.

• Advertisement
Advertisement