Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internal memory & ext2

Options
  • 04-08-2011 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

I had limited memory for apps under stock 2.3.4 on N1, so today rooted etc and installed Cyanogenmod 7. I was under the illusion that I could create a partition on sd in ext2 and this the phone would think was more internal memory? as in would boot at start and the app would work as if from internal memory? ie widgets etc work?

what I am seeing is just that all apps can be moved to SD card (seems to be the FAT partition and widgets etc don't work if moved to here, ie it is the standard google method but for all apps?

is it possible to do what I am thinking above with partition etc does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

As you may have noticed from BR forum, rarely know what I'm talking about, that doesn't change over here, but would you not be better off making an EXT4 partition.

I certainly remember having the problem on my Hero when I partitioned it first. I was using AmonRa's recovery then, have clockwork4 now and it doesn't seem to give that option.

As I say don't really know what I'm talking about, but I think that EXT4 is better than EXT2, other than that I used to find that A2SD seemed to work sometimes when I flashed a new ROM and sometimes not -for no particular reason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

i'm upgrading it now to ext3 in anon ra recovery. shall see if it works, basically I want it to treat it like internal memory. its not loading it when connected to computer, so thats a start!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Yeah, it's definitely possible to make it work, letting you have proper A2SD with working widgets.

I don't think there is much difference between EXT3 and 4, I just think that it's not good for your SD card do to too much repartitioning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Ok managed it, installed an app S2E on the market that uses the EXT partition like internal memory, I now have 2gb of 'Internal' memory effectively rather than the 200mb default!:)

Advertisement