Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Androids Q4 2011? Any news?

Options
  • 04-08-2011 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,419 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have any news on the new high end Android phones we are likely to see in Q4? I will be looking to get myself a new phone around december - would like to start seeing what the best option will be but I can't see what is expected to be released October or so, nor details on any mobile phone events.

Have a HTC Desire HD at the mo, so looking to upgrade from that to the next 'big thing'. Might even go iPhone5....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭nedd

There is talk of the new Google Nexus (Prime) phone. 1.5 dual core, 720p display, Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).

http://www.redmondpie.com/nexus-prime-is-googles-next-flagship-superphone-1.5-ghz-super-amoled-hd-display-and-ice-cream-sandwich-report/

That's the only one I know about at the moment. I'm due an upgrade December/January and was thinking about that. But would like to hear about other options also.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,419 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

nedd wrote: »
    There is talk of the new Google Nexus (Prime) phone. 1.5 dual core, 720p display, Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).

http://www.redmondpie.com/nexus-prime-is-googles-next-flagship-superphone-1.5-ghz-super-amoled-hd-display-and-ice-cream-sandwich-report/

That's the only one I know about at the moment. I'm due an upgrade December/January and was thinking about that. But would like to hear about other options also.

That looks quality. For some reason I would like my next phone to have 3D capabilities (I like my gadgety useless features!) but the specs, or rumoured specs, for that look brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I'm due an upgrade in October, dare I say I was even thinking of the new iPhone that may / may not be released in September , might be pretty cool with all the features of ios5...

As with Android , I love it but don't seem much point in upgrading, still love my original desire

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

iPhone 5 wont be out in September, its going to be a iPhone 4 S

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

draffodx wrote: »
    iPhone 5 wont be out in September, its going to be a iPhone 4 S

if its an iPhone 4S then Apple will have dropped the ball badly imo. They really need a killer phone to go with iOS5 to keep up, they can't be waiting till Fall 2012 to drop a "revolutionary" phone ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Inquitus wrote: »
    if its an iPhone 4S then Apple will have dropped the ball badly imo. They really need a killer phone to go with iOS5 to keep up, they can't be waiting till Fall 2012 to drop a "revolutionary" phone ;)

Sure they'll be bringing out the iphone 6 then. :D

Advertisement