Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the difference between the books 'I Was Saddam's Son' and 'The Devils Double'?

Options
  • 04-08-2011 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Does anyone know what the difference is between the books 'I Was Saddam's Son' and 'The Devils Double' by Latif Yahia ?

Latif Yahia was Uday Hussein's body double who wrote two books called I Was Saddam's Son and The Devils Double. What's the difference between them or are they the same book ? And if they are two different books which one of the two would you recommend to read ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Well they're making a film at the moment which is based on "i was saddams son" called "the devils double" so i'm guessing theres no difference and its just a movie tie-in situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Nah, The Devil's Double was published back in 2003. That said, and don't quote me on this, I believe that they are more or less the same, or at least cover the same ground. I Was Saddam's Son was based on a German translation published in the 1990s. The Devil's Double is an updated English version released to cash in on the invasion of Iraq

Advertisement