Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco credit card- change in T&C ?

Options
  • 04-08-2011 5:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

Hi, was wondering if anyone here has a tesco credit card and can answer a question for me.
    I received my statement yesterday and on the first page under the section where they include any info relating to your account, it says "important! Changes have been made to your terms and conditions. Please read the enclosed leaflet". Problem being there was no enclosed leaflet with the statement!

My introductory offer of 8 months interest free credit runs out this month so i was wondering whether the leaflet i should have received referred to this, so i phoned tesco customer service to query it. The guy i spoke to on the phone was very vague, he said there were no notes on the a/c about it, then said he would send out the leaflet, then when i asked what it was about he just said he couldnt understand why it hadn't been enclosed! So still none the wiser i asked was it important, to which he replied that it wasn't really a life or death thing! So i am still none the wiser, and as it takes at least 7 days to receive anything from tesco i will have to wait another week till i find out what these changes to my terms and conditions.

So does anyone know if these changes in T&C could possibly relate to the expiry of my introductory offer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

I'm don't have a Tesco credit card, but I'd be a little surprised if it related to the offer that expires this month. I think financial services are obliged to give 2 month's notice of a change in terms and conditions, so it shouldn't affect you at this point.

I might be wrong about the timeframe, but they definitely have to give you some notice period.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Kalimah

I have a Tesco credit card and got the same message on my statemrnt the other day. I didn't get the leaflet either!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

Thanks Guys, i had forgot about the fact that they have to give notice of any changes to T&Cs, so at least i know i'm not going to get a shock or anything lol

Kind of glad to hear it wasn't just on my a/c they forgot to encllose the leaflet - i'm having one of those weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

Well the leaflet regarding changes to terms and conditions never arrived, and my CC statement arrived today stating the same "see enclosed leaflet" and no leaflet enclosed again. Am going to phone them again tomorrow and ask exactly what changes to my terms and conditions they keep referring to as i am not a psychic!

Advertisement