Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

driving licence for paramedic training? need CPC

Options
  • 03-08-2011 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

trying to book c driving test just to drive ambulance in future not be commercial driver

rsa site says this-
    Rigid truck (C) - €120.00 ToolTip-Help.png Please note you must have passed all CPC theory tests before you will be allowed schedule for your CPC Driving Test and Practical.

Is there a different rule just for paramedics ir do you have to do this CPC??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭The Villain

drrkpd wrote: »
    trying to book c driving test just to drive ambulance in future not be commercial driver

rsa site says this-
    Rigid truck (C) - €120.00 ToolTip-Help.png Please note you must have passed all CPC theory tests before you will be allowed schedule for your CPC Driving Test and Practical.

Is there a different rule just for paramedics ir do you have to do this CPC??

Thanks

I don't think you the CPC to drive the emergency vehicles. However I went away and did the exams and now have the CPC card for truck and bus. They are handy enough to pass, know a facts etc, and some common sense will see you home on them. It just opens another job avenue with your C and D licences IMO.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

you don't need it if you're driving voluntarily or for an emergency service. Call the rsa after you book your test to tell them this. Thats what I did and no questions were asked after that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

No CPC required for emergency service driving at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭lmmoonbeam1976

I don't think you the CPC to drive the emergency vehicles. However I went away and did the exams and now have the CPC card for truck and bus. They are handy enough to pass, know a facts etc, and some common sense will see you home on them. It just opens another job avenue with your C and D licences IMO.

Cheers

did you do separate cpcs for bus and truck
    i have the cpc for bus and i have the cpc card and do i need separate one for truck licence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Thepredator

The majority of cpc modules cover both C and D drivers. I think there may be one or two modules specific to each licence though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭lmmoonbeam1976

The majority of cpc modules cover both C and D drivers. I think there may be one or two modules specific to each licence though.

okay thanks ill look into it and see what i need to do to get my C licence

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭donkey balls

If you all ready hold either a bus or truck licence and have done the 5 modules in either category you only need to do one more CPC module(truck specific/bus specific),And any one driving for the state/emergency services is exempt from having to do the modules unless they want to do a nixer driving for a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Hightower21

If you want the truck (C, C1) or Bus (D, D1) licence for the paramedic / civil defence, voluntary services you do not need any CPC courses done.
    Ring the RSA and that it is an application for a driving test and that you will not or or ever will be driving trucks/buses other that ambulances.

They are very helpful and will probobly give you a rough idea for when your test might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,951 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I did my C1 driving test a couple of months ago, the CPC didn't come up once.

Advertisement