Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air Travel security and ecigs

Options
  • 03-08-2011 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

I am going to a wedding in Wales in September. Has anyone had problems going through security checkpoints with their ecig and associated paraphernalia?

I am guessing that any liquids I bring will need to be in a maximum size of 30mls bottle but should I consider packing a spare battery or two in checked luggage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Went to Spain earlier in the year, packed all my juice, spare batteries and atties in my checked luggage. Had one functioning ecig (no bottles of juice, just a filled atty) on me going through security. Just disassembled it, and stuck it in my carry on bag....no questions asked...same on the way home...

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

I think loose lithium batteries aren't allowed in checked in bags and have to be put in your cabin bag. If they're sealed, such as in an Ego, they should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Manchgreen

Hi,
    I've been through airport security this year and had no problems. I put my Ego in the liquids bag in my carry on luggage (and had no problem discreetly using on the flights) and my spare battery and liquid bottle in my checked bags and had no problems at all. You should be fine, enjoy your trip :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 SecurityGuy

I brought a big deo spray in my hand baggage and nobody cared. As long it is not making a big black screen on X-ray monitors (like the laptop can do) usually there are no more questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

with hand luggage yeah just remember to disassemble... and put them in a pocket where they can be easily reached for further inspection, should the need arise - just so you wont have to turn your whole bag inside out to find the 'suspicious' item.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I flew to Heathrow last week and just kept a 30ml of liquid in the clear plastic bag in hand luggage and kept the 2 cigarettes in my handbag, I didn't dismantle them either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Manchgreen wrote: »
    Hi,
    I've been through airport security this year and had no problems. I put my Ego in the liquids bag in my carry on luggage (and had no problem discreetly using on the flights) and my spare battery and liquid bottle in my checked bags and had no problems at all. You should be fine, enjoy your trip :)

Did anybody on your flight make any comments?

Advertisement