Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lee Swim

Options
  • 03-08-2011 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

very enjoyable day

my first time doing this swim and already looking forward to next year

i always enjoy a swim under a bridge and this swim packs 8 of them into 2k

seemed a very clean river for swimming in

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭swimmer_hoop

Same here, first time of many I think! Quite a bit more "organic material" in it then the Liffey, I thought.

Best way to view a city is from the river.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭2old4dacold

Quite a bit more "organic material" in it then the Liffey

i wasn't off until the 9th group, perhaps ye quick lads had cleared a channel!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭okane1

did it last year. Enjoyed the race and the craic afterwards but found the water very dirty and said I'll never do it again.
    Even felt sick afterwards, or maybe that was all the drink!

It's probably fair to say that the water is a little less clean then the Liffey I have to say that I didn't find it dirty.

entry now open for this year

• Advertisement

anyone else do this yesterday?

trying to work out what the current assistance was

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

No didn't do it, how did you do....Tom Healy won it, he also got 4th today in swim out in Portmarnock...savage swimmer....he is doing the channel in September....

mad m wrote: »
    No didn't do it, how did you do....Tom Healy won it, he also got 4th today in swim out in Portmarnock...savage swimmer....he is doing the channel in September....

had set myself three targets:
    1) improve on last year's time by eight minutes
    2) top 100 overall
    3) age group medal

achieved all three so obviously very happy with that (so now i'm getting picky)

i actually improved my time by over eleven minutes and i'm just wondering how much of that is down to tidal push and how much is down to training

Tom Healy was very impressive .... i have a bit more to find before i'll be worrying him !!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Well done on all three...how long did it take you?

Tom Healy did 23.35 and i was about 10 minutes behind him
    (for the purposes of maintaining my anonymity :D )

• Advertisement

Any boardsies swimming in cork today?

I entered alright but I'm not able to swim due to injury. Gutted is an understatement, I love this swim.

Are you swimming yourself??

swam it alright. found it tough this year. disappointed with time. found it dirty for the first time too, and I've done it a few times now. usually my favourite swim of the year though

Advertisement