Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Membership in Cork Clubs

Options
  • 03-08-2011 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hey all,

I'm currently looking to join a club in Cork. I'm just unsure if I'd be eligible for the student rate or not. I have just finished a 4year course in UCC so still have a valid student card but I'm unsure if I'm going on to do anything else college related next year. The student rates are less than half the full members rate in some clubs so if I could get that it would obviously be a great saving! Are the student rates in clubs done on student cards remaining valid for the whole year? I won't be graduating for another month anyway!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

kmcattack wrote: »
    Hey all,

I'm currently looking to join a club in Cork. I'm just unsure if I'd be eligible for the student rate or not. I have just finished a 4year course in UCC so still have a valid student card but I'm unsure if I'm going on to do anything else college related next year. The student rates are less than half the full members rate in some clubs so if I could get that it would obviously be a great saving! Are the student rates in clubs done on student cards remaining valid for the whole year? I won't be graduating for another month anyway!

Thanks!
    Most clubs probably run Jan to Dec as their year I'd imagine they would expect you to join this year as student as you still are and next year would be whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kmcattack

ok thanks for that. Anyone from particular clubs have any idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Freemount09

Where are you based ? What clubs would be handy for you ?

There is no point joining as a member for even €100 if it takes you 2 hours to get to the club and you'll hardly ever use it !

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kmcattack

I'm based around Bishopstown so anywhere like Blarney, Cobh or Macroom or any of those places are all well within reach anyway!

Advertisement