Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

Options
  • 03-08-2011 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,466 ✭✭✭✭

Just out today.... I've played the demo (which takes you as far as the first boss battle) and I'll be buying the full version later. Really gorgeous graphic style, fun gameplay, and about 6-8 hours for the single player campaign. There is a co-op multiplayer mode too which is supposed to be really good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Looks great, similar art style to Limbo!! Looks like it's only on xbox though :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I wasnt really interested until I watched a preview that mentioned Metroidvania!

Weapon / tool interface and ui looks super frustrating though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Had a quick go at the demo, and liked what I played. Its medroidvania as well, which I am a fan of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Just tried the demo there, I like the visual style and metroidesque gameplay. Would have bought it but I've a frustrating 1180 points, grrr.

Back to From Dust for a while...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The 1200 price point is a stickler for me. Hate that most new games are 1200 why is it either 1200 or 800 there is a 400 point gap there, if they said 1000 I might have bought it, now i'll be waiting until xmas when they put most of the summer of arcade stuff on sale :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

calex71 wrote: »
    The 1200 price point is a stickler for me. Hate that most new games are 1200 why is it either 1200 or 800 there is a 400 point gap there, if they said 1000 I might have bought it, now i'll be waiting until xmas when they put most of the summer of arcade stuff on sale :mad:

The cost doesn't bother me if the content is there, but it is a bit of a joke that it seems to be the default price for new releases now. Worse, though, is the points system. I want to pick up From Dust the other day, but after realising I had to buy 1500 points to get it I just gave up and said I'd wait for the PS3 version.

Having 200 points to spare when you bought 1000 for an 800 game was only moderately annoying. Having to buy two separate sets of points for a 1200 is an absolute pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The cost doesn't bother me if the content is there, but it is a bit of a joke that it seems to be the default price for new releases now. Worse, though, is the points system. I want to pick up From Dust the other day, but after realising I had to buy 1500 points to get it I just gave up and said I'd wait for the PS3 version.

Having 200 points to spare when you bought 1000 for an 800 game was only moderately annoying. Having to buy two separate sets of points for a 1200 is an absolute pain.

I know , I only have 1000 points which is why i'm grumbling about the cost :D

How long is this game can anyone say? When I played the demo and I paused it, it said 4% map explored and 14% of campaign complete just form that one level in the demo up to the boss, Surely it can't be that short or maybe later levels are much larger :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,466 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The demo is a bit misleading.. There is a "homeworld" level at the start of the game that's not in the demo. I think the 14% includes the homeworld. I've heard you can lash through the game in 4 hours, but 6-8 for 100% if you play it properly.

Advertisement