Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson SMS Alert Volume! HELP! PLEASE!

Options
  • 03-08-2011 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭

Phone: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro
    Network: 02

Issue:
    When I get a text message no alert is being played...Phone is NOT on silent. Speaker is not damaged, It rings, I can play music, make and receive calls. but for some reason when i get a gtalk/sms/facebook thingy it doesn't give off any sound, all that happens is the LED will flash. So i literly have to check my phone every 5 mins to see if there are any texts or messages I'm missing....

I got the phone from a friend in England, so I cant really take it into an o2 shop...or can I? it is on the o2 network

Should I play dumb and say it was a gift, so I don't have receipt, I love the phone its self...dont want to take it back...i would just like if it told me when i had sms messages...I'm getting the head eaten off me left right and centre for "ignoring" messages!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

have you checked to make sure notifications are on for messages in the message settings?

ive also moved your thread to the android sub-forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Random wrote: »
    have you checked to make sure notifications are on for messages in the message settings?

ive also moved your thread to the android sub-forum.

yep there on :( I just dont get it :S and i'm one of these ppl, that others come to me to sort there phones...its just wrecking my head

Everythings up to date, I even did factory reset, thought that might do it, nope no change...at least the green led goes off so if its on my desk i'll see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

okay veeeeeeey odd....just finished doing what seems to be the 3rd factory reset all of a sudden sound is back :S very very very odd...

Advertisement