Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stop sending me to android websites

Options
  • 03-08-2011 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭

Can anyone please tell me how to stop Paddy Power redirecting me to the Android site when i log in on my HTC, seriously this is really annoying, like really really annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

You have to install a third party browser like xscope or Firefox that has the option of changing the "user agent". Your phone identifies itself on the net as android, but with these alternate browsers you can change that to iPhone, PC ands so on. Is this the answer you're looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Yep sounds like it alright thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Can you not just turn off mobile view in the stock browser this should make all pages load like your desk top.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Dolphin browsers (HD and Mini) both have a user agent switcher, I think Opera and Firefox too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Kxiii wrote: »
    Can you not just turn off mobile view in the stock browser this should make all pages load like your desk top.

Yeah, HTC browsers have this option. Really missed it when I moved to Samsung.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

Yeah, HTC browsers have this option. Really missed it when I moved to Samsung.
    for sgs and sgs2 type in "about:useragent" in your browser and u can switch to desktop view

Advertisement