Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoulder Blade Tattoo

Options
  • 03-08-2011 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting a tattoo on my shoulder blade, just wondering how painful this is in comparison to other parts of the body. I know that between the shoulder blades is one of the less painful spots, but what about the top right segment of my back on the blade?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

I got a Koi fish on my left shoulder about a month back. The first 4 hour sitting was fine, least painful out of all my tattoos. When i went back for the next 3 hour sitting 2 weeks later it was quite sore. What are you getting done?

You should have no problem on the shoulder blade at all. There is some good tips on here for what to do and what not to do before a tattoo. Just make sure you get a good night before the tattoo and keep the sugar levels up during the tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

Nothing too big or intricate. Thinking some kind of Sun symbol, I saw one in one of my old history books in university, think it was Babylonian or something. Kinda like the link below, but maybe not so chav-tastic. Think I'd like it in Brown instead of Black as well.

http://www.freetattoodesignideas.com/images/1303.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

I got a tattoo on my left shoulder blade, it was simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

Have one on my left and right shoulder, though the one on the right is small but left one big.

A 3 hour sitting. The first 5 mins was the most difficult bit. But when adrenaline kicks in happy days. Overall it is ok (the most it hurt was pulling a little grimace expression but nothing where you would say OW), but make sure you have someone to rub the cream on for the aftercare, hard to reach area :p.

Pain is relative to the person also

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

ì got my first one on my right shoulder and then one on my foot, the one on my shoulder was grand, little sore in places but nothing major!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 johndeniel

Shoulder tattoos are good for those who want or need to cover their tattoos periodically, for work to keep other happy. A less pain is occurred while making the shoulder tattoo. I have also tried it. The big advantage of shoulder tattoos is related with longevity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I have one that covers my right shoulder blade - starts just below the t-shirt line (i.e. I can cover it with a t-shirt easily) and had no problems at all with it and I'm a wuss ha ha

Mine is big but only took about 1hr 1/2 to 2 hours to do so that probably helped. Lucozade also helps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

the pain is relative, you could have a high threshold and you'll be fine, or you'll find it sore.
    I got my right leg tattooed and it was fine, left leg more painful.

Either way someone gonna be drilling needles into for a couple of hours so it will be sore

good luck

Advertisement