Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with my HTC Desire, the memory card and LeeDroid

Options
  • 03-08-2011 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭

I seem to be having a problem with my HTC Desire recently.
    Yesterday, I got an error on my phone saying that the memory card was only 'mounted readonly'. The phone would work but it took an age to get it to do it. Everytime It tried to upload some photos up t my picasso album it seemed to unmount itself and then try to remount the memory card.
    I'm currently running LeedDroid 2.4 and thought that the ROm was acting up. So I rebooted it and it didn't seem to fix it.
    I managed to hoot the phone up to the PC and backed up all my data to the PC. Later on that day I rebooted it again and since then I has failed to complete the boot, sitting on the White HTC screen for ages.
    I googled the answer and some suggested that I wipe the Dalvik cache and reboot, reformat the card, and reinstall the ROM. The only thing I'm left to do is to reformat the card but the other things were not successful.

I did plug the card intot he computer on iit's own and it did say that there were some corrupt files on it and it did fix them. I think this might have been the cause of the unmounting memory card problems, but it wont reboot at all.

I can still get into the recovery menu by the way.

Should I reformat the card? Try installing the latest version of the ROM.
    Any suggestion would be great. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

No replies yet, but here's an update anyway.
    Right. I tried a new memory card in it and it booted up alright. No problems there with the new card.
    So I decided to format the problematic card. Loaded up GParted via Ubuntu and clicked on the partitions and formatted them. I didn't repartition it. Should I?
    I ask this because it doesnt seem to have worked. Loaded all the data back onto the card after the reformat of the partitions and then put it into the phone and I cant make it past the white HTC screen like before. I think i might try and do a full format and re-partition of the card and see if that helps.

Any other suggestions?

Advertisement