Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Power Meter (SRM/Quark/Powertap)

Options
  • 03-08-2011 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭

Looking to train with power, so I am after a power meter. I like the crank based systems such as SRM and Quark Cinqo, ideally 170mm or 172.5mm crank length, or if a good deal comes up on a hub based system like the Cyclops Powertap I will still be interested!

Also, if there isn't any second hand options out there, feel free to recommend any other options which you may have come across on your internet travels! Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Hi! Good ride at the weekend ;)

Have you checked out Power2Max? I have one for the past few months and it works a treat. Had zero issues with it so far and it's far cheaper than an SRM or Quark. You just need to pick the version that matches your BB.

However when I did order it, there was a 6 week lead time. Drop them a mail to see how long the lead time is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

• Registered Users Posts: 31,030 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

H:B I would get a crank based powermeter if you can afford it.

Powertaps are a right PITA.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,766 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Lumen wrote: »
    H:B I would get a crank based powermeter if you can afford it.

Powertaps are a right PITA.
    +1

PT's seem more susceptible to going wrong at some stage. The advantage of having completely free reign on your choice of rear wheel is significant (particularly if you want to use the PM to help pace a TT)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Markyd

Hi

I have an srm powermeter for sale ,
    Second hand powermeter in mint condition .
    Recently recalibrated and new batteries installed.
    Also includes , download cable , charger ,power+speed cable , spare speed sensor cable . 172.5 cranks and also the power control . I also have a new dura ace bottom bracket to go with it if you want me to throw that in as I wont have any use for it .
    I also have all the sortware still in the box .

Let me know if you would like some pictures or anymore info .

Regards

Mark
    <snip>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Markyd wrote: »
    Hi

I have an srm powermeter for sale ,
    Second hand powermeter in mint condition .
    Recently recalibrated and new batteries installed.
    Also includes , download cable , charger ,power+speed cable , spare speed sensor cable . 172.5 cranks and also the power control . I also have a new dura ace bottom bracket to go with it if you want me to throw that in as I wont have any use for it .
    I also have all the sortware still in the box .

Let me know if you would like some pictures or anymore info .

Regards

Mark
    <snip>

Thanks for that, pictures and an asking price would be great cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Markyd

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,766 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Power2Max discussion moved to Main Forum

Advertisement