Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Russian Terrier

Options
  • 02-08-2011 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

So iv done my research and would love a black russian terrier, anyone know where i could get one in the country?? They seem very scarce except for one or two breeders and anyone know a price??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I'm sure theres been a thread on here before about them, maybe do a search. I met one at the Dog Expo in Galway, lovely dog, if I go away and think about it, I might remember where they said they got him.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Try
    www.kalaslane.com

Not sure if they are planning any pups or not but i highly recommend them. It would be worth waiting for one of their pups. Their dog Tsar is amazing.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭flipall

Thanks guys!! I actually saw that website when i was doing my research :o just makes me worry about how much one of these pups would cost :confused:

Im not sure how much Russians go for but id imagine they would be at least 1000euro if not a good bit more.

There are very few Russians in Ireland so they would be hard to come by and they dont breed very often so they are quite expensive to buy.

Would you consider sourcing one in the UK either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 liloldeme

ISDW wrote: »
    I'm sure theres been a thread on here before about them, maybe do a search. I met one at the Dog Expo in Galway, lovely dog, if I go away and think about it, I might remember where they said they got him.:)

I think the dog you met was Jake, I met them at a show - beaut! I know where he gets groomed. I could pass on the groomers number to the OP and they could contact his owners and ask them to contact you (OP)?

• Advertisement

I'd really love one of these but couldnt find much info on how much they would be which is obviously down to there being so few of them. €1000 is a little bit beyond what i'd pay for a dog, wouldnt have minded about 600!! If thats what they cost then i think its back to the drawing board :(

Theres no way they will be 600, my rottweiler cost me a lot more than that and they are a lot cheaper than most pedigree dogs as they are quite common.

Ya i only saw a few of them advertised for sale in Ireland and none had a price (its obvious now why) and saw some in UK ranging from £350 - 600! How naive of me :eek:

Advertisement