Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy S2 Back Light Notification for texts/calls/emails

Options
  • 02-08-2011 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

Right, I'd originally posted a question to see if anyone had gotten it working as I was having a problem setting it up, then 30 seconds later figured it out, so thought I'd share with everyone else as its pretty cool and handy too.

BLN (Back Light Notification) will get the "menu" & "back" buttons to light up when you have a new text or email or missed call, so no more unlocking the screen to discover a notification from hours beforehand...
    For more info on the BLN mod

You will need:
    Go SMS Pro from Android Market - or similar. DOES NOT WORK with stock sms application.
    Ninphetamine-2.0.4 Kernel see post #2
    BLN Control Pro from the Android Market (there is a FREE version which works too BUT it only will keep the lights on indefinitely, the Pro version gives much more flexibility as regards having the lights blink, duration of blinks, auto off, only blink between certain hours etc)
    This liblights update file which is flashable through CWM which will backup your existing file also..
    from /system/lib/hw/lights.GT-I9100.so to /system/lib/hw/lights.GT-I9100_ORIG for ease of restoring down the line.

1. You need to download the 2.0.4 kernel - I found the zip was easiest and then flash that through CWM
    2. Flash the liblight update.zip in CWM
    3. Install GoSms and set that up as your default SMS client - Then do the following in GoSMS -> Menu -> Settings -> (click enable notifications then) Default notification settings -> untick "unlock screen" & "screen on", then scroll down to LED settings and tick "Blink LED"
    4. Install BLN Control - Open BLN and tick Activate BLN
    5. (optional) freeze/remove stock sms application

Hopefully it should work now for you.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭titanium feather

I just use an app called NoLED ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

True, I used it for a while too, had issues with it though

1. I found that it drained battery rapidly having the screen on for notifications
    2. waking phone with the power button caused it to turn off screen, then you needed to press again to turn screen back on
    3. some notifications were missed, and others were wrong, like an email notification for a text etc.
    4. it conflicted with widget locker which I was using at the time, though I believe that has been fixed.

Each to their own I suppose though.
    I prefer just having the bottom buttons flash once every 5 seconds for 15mins and find this works better for me than noled. A simple notification I missed something (but not what I missed) is fine for me! :D

Advertisement