Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy S in a force close loop....need help please!!

Options
  • 02-08-2011 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a galaxy s which i rooted a couple of months back using Ryanza's OCLF. Everything has been perfect until today when i tried to change the fonts on my phone using OCLF. I got an error telling me the fonts failed to install, and right after that my phone started acting crazy.

This is what it does, in a constant cycle! Turn on phone and it begins to load up, vibrates once, then about 5 secs later it vibrates 3 times and produces an error saying the keypad has stopped unexpectedly!! Then i force close, and the screen goes black! I thought i fixed this by changing to swype, but now it still does the same thing!! And this cycle lasts about 30 seconds, and all starts over again!!

I have done a factory reset, but it did nothing to solve this problem!!

If anyone has any idea what i could do to fix this, or if it can even be fixed that would be great!! Am really at a loss here!!

Thanks

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Well first thing I would do is take it to the SGS thread where more people will see it.

If you can get into download mode, then it can be fixed (though you may lose everything). For further instructions, search. The answers are on the SGS or Darkys threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

This happened to me when I installed a launcher.. You need to uninstall what is creating the problem, I think. It might be the fonts app?

Get someone to call you and you can get into the menu that way, then uninstall while still on the call. It worked for me, but I don't know if it is the fonts thing that is creating your problem.

This is what I followed: (saved on pc in case it happened again!)

"if u r facing launcher force close when u switch on ur phone and could not get into any screen other than the force close error message. Then call your phone from some other telephone connection, now the error message will come only once and your call reception screen will become active... attend the call and press and hold the Home key(hard button and the center), it will pop up recently used apps with task manager button. Open the task manager, uninstall adw or any other launcher that crashed and shows force close error message. switch off and switch on.. now it will ask for default launcher , opt your phones default laucncher that came with the phone "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭rob w

Thanks for the replies...

Just got it sorted, had to do a factory reset and flash the rom onto it agaiin, and its working fine now. :D:D

Advertisement