Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Lausanne, Switzerland

Options
  • 02-08-2011 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

I'm moving to Lausanne and am looking for an apartment / studio to rent for a month or two from the 1st of September.

I've tried out most of the agency websites on the internet but no luck yet.

If anyone has advice, contacts, or a room to rent in Lausanne that would be fantastic!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

I don't have any experience of Lausanne, but in general trying to find a reasonably priced apartment in Switzerland takes time, like a few months. I'd say that unless you are will to pay an arm and a leg there is little chance of getting an apartment by the month end, unless you are very lucky.

Best thing I can suggest is that if all else fails try one of these two, which again I have no experience of:
    Good luck with that,

Jim (Bern, Switzerland)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,756 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi OP - What sites have you tried? Here's a couple that I found OK in the past:

Comparis.ch
    ImmoScout24.ch
    Homegate.ch

tHB (also in Bern)

@Jim - We could have a Bern Boards Beers some evening. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

@Jim - We could have a Bern Boards Beers some evening. :)

Good idea, but I'm actually in Langenthal and work in Zurich, so we'll need a bit of planning...

Jim.

Advertisement